Board of Directors
Members of the Board of Directors of Mahonia Na Dari are:
• Mrs. Cecilie Benjamin, (CHAIR) (B Sc Agric) currently the Chair of the MND Board of Directors. She has worked with the Department of Agriculture in PNG for 11 years and been a consultant to the Asian Development Bank (ADB), Australian Aid (AusAid) and local agricultural projects in rural communities throughout PNG. Since 1983 she and her husband Max, have developed Walindi Plantation Resort into a world class scuba diving destination with emphasis on environmental preservation. She has resided in West New Britain Province since 1972.
• Mr. Gerard Linge holds a Masters of Law. He has served as a commercial and corporate legal officer in both the government and the private sector in Papua New Guinea and the Pacific. He is currently operating a private law firm in Kimbe. Gerard is from the Talasea area nearby where Mahonia is situated and the Bakovi language is spoken.
• Dr. Augustine Mungkaje holds a Ph.D. (Zoology), M.Sc (Marine Biology), B.Sc (Hons) and B.Sc. He has extensive research experience and has worked for more than 23 years as a marine ecologist for both private and public institutions. Currently, Dr. Mungkaje holds the position of Senior Lecturer in Marine and Fisheries Ecology at the University of Papua New Guinea.
• Dr. Geoffrey Jones is a Professor in Marine Biology at James Cook University (JCU), Townsville, Australia. Geoff has conducted extensive marine research in tropical and temperate reefs in Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea (Kimbe Bay), looking at behaviour and life histories of reef fish and their interactions with reef communities. His recent work has focused on understanding the degree of connectivity between fish populations on reefs across Kimbe Bay, an issue that has important implications for the effectiveness of Marine Protected Areas.
• Mr. Harry Brock is the General Manager of New Britain Palm Oil Limited. NBPOL is currently the biggest private employer in PNG. It is the oldest and most successfully operated oil palm company within PNG. NBPOL owns and operates Dami Oil Palm Research Station which is internationally recognized by scientists as one of the top oil palm research stations worldwide.
• Mr. Williamson Hosea is the Deputy Administrator in Policy and Research for the West New Britain Provincial Government. Born in West New Britain Province, he previously worked for the Oil Palm Industry Corporation (PNG) as an agricultural extension officer with smallholder oil palm growers.
• Mrs Elyne Jonda holds a diploma in secondary teaching and has 25 years of teaching experience in government schools and NGO environmental education. She has held senior positions in various institutions in Papua New Guinea and was the Country Manager of Live and Learn Environment Education focusing on environmental conservation and river and water care.
Mr Harry Brock